Your.MD closes $30 million Series A round led by RB to grow its self-care platform
- RB invests in Your.MD’s mission to create a new ‘pre-primary care’ global market that brings free, medically-approved self-care to people before they need to contact their GP
- Your.MD, creators of the medical-grade, augmented intelligence self-care app Healthily, to accelerate its current digital self-care platform with a series of clinically-validated ‘health hubs’
- Power trio from tech giants Uber and PayPal recruited to drive growth
Monday 5 October 2020 – London: Leading global consumer health, hygiene and nutrition company RB has invested additional funds into pre-primary care hub, Your.MD, as the global self-care platform reports exponential user growth of 350% over the last 12 months.
The investment follows an initial round of funding led by RB and existing shareholders in 2019. As part of the now-completed Series A funding round, the investment will enable the brand to expand its reach across markets, including the UK, India and the US, as the first stop for personalised, clinicalgrade information that individuals can use to manage their health and before contacting a doctor.
Founded in 2015, Your.MD, was the first company to combine augmented intelligence with medically validated information, giving individuals personalised and relevant health tools and support — all in one place — to enable them to self-care when appropriate.
“After an incredible year of growth, RB is delighted to strengthen our partnership with Your.MD to deliver better self-care access and tools for consumers all over the world. We are excited to see the global expansion of the Healthily app, which will create immersive, digital-first experiences for consumers,” said Arjun Purkayastha, Senior Vice President —eRB at RB.
In the last year, Your.MD has seen significant traction after launching its COVID–19 Symptom Mapper, that helps people compare their symptoms against global norms — gathering valuable data to help researchers from academic and public health organisations such as Imperial College London and NHSx understand the virus. The Symptom Mapper has had more than 4 million visits to date and won the CogX People’s Choice COVID-19 Best Innovation — Society Award.
In September, Healthily introduced its first co–branded app in India, together with Dettol, one of the leading global brands in health and hygiene. Healthily with Dettol is a medically-validated, safe, immersive experience that gives consumers the resources to take control of their health.
“We’re delighted that our platform is growing from strength to strength and continues to attract best-inclass international partners that share our vision. Our relentless work toward democratising access to personalised healthcare information is progressing at pace and thanks to our strategic partnership with RB we are one step closer to reaching this ambitious, yet achievable, goal.” said CEO, Matteo Berlucchi
Driving this work, alongside the existing team of over 100 digital and medical experts, is newlyappointed Chief Operating Officer, Jonathon Carr-Brown, former MD of NHS Choices, CEO Matteo Berlucchi and one of the UK’s most senior GPs, Professor Maureen Baker, Your.MD Chief Medical Officer. Three new senior hires are Geraldine Butler-Wright, (PayPal, Imperial College) as Chief People & Culture Officer, David Gross (Canon) as Chief Digital Officer and rising star Dan Kaziyev, previously at Uber, who takes on the role of Head of Data and Insights.
Over the 5 next years, the company’s goal is to continue to evolve, expand and refine the platform with the mission of helping 1 billion people find their health through self-care.
Notes to editors
Your.MD is a digital health platform committed to helping everyone in the world find their health through informed self-care, bringing together the tools you need to look after your all-round health. Your.MD are the makers of Healthily, a free app that helps you assess, learn, track, discover and manage your way to better health.
The only self-care app registered as a Class 1 Medical Device, Healthily aims to help a billion people find their health through informed self-care.
Healthily platform tools:
- ASSESS: Our friendly chatbot helps you decide if you need to see a doctor. Tell it how you feel and its Augmented Intelligence recommends the best next steps for your symptoms – including self-care for issues you can treat at home.
- LEARN: Our Health Library, sourced from the UK’s National Health Service, completed by our own medical team, is the simplest, safest and most comprehensive in the world. Includes the up-to-date guidance and information on coronavirus (COVID-19).
- TRACK: Our user-friendly, secure health journal and symptom trackers help you keep track of your health and store notes, in complete privacy.
- FIND: We’ve created OneStop Health™ Marketplace, the first vetted directory of healthcare products and services offered by other companies. So you can speak to a doctor, find a medicine or discover the best apps for you.
- MANAGE: We’re also building self-care hubs to help you manage and improve specific health areas or conditions. Our first 2 hubs, on sleep and general wellbeing, put together by our medical team, are completely free.
RB* is driven by its purpose to protect, heal and nurture in a relentless pursuit of a cleaner, healthier world. We fight to make access to the highest-quality hygiene, wellness and nourishment a right, not a privilege, for everyone.
RB is proud to have a stable of trusted household brands found in households in more than 190 countries. These include Enfamil, Nutramigen, Nurofen, Strepsils, Gaviscon, Mucinex, Durex, Scholl, Clearasil, Lysol, Dettol, Veet, Harpic, Cillit Bang, Mortein, Finish, Vanish, Calgon, Woolite, Air Wick and more. 20 million RB products a day are bought by consumers globally.
RB’s passion to put consumers and people first, to seek out new opportunities, to strive for excellence in all that we do, and to build shared success with all our partners, while doing the right thing, always is what guides the work of our 40,000+ diverse and talented colleagues worldwide.
For more information visit www.rb.com
*RB is the trading name of the Reckitt Benckiser group of companies