2 January 2020, Oxford, UK: Oxford Nanopore Technologies has raised £29.3M ($38.6M) in new capital and additionally facilitated the sale of £80.2M ($105.9) in secondary shares, resulting in total gross proceeds of £109.5M ($144.5M).
These funds have been raised internationally and include both new investors and existing shareholders, from the US, Europe and Asia/Pacific.
This brings the total primary investment in Oxford Nanopore to ~£480M to date.
Further information on Oxford Nanopore’s fundraising will be made available in due course.
The Company made substantial progress in 2019; from scaling up to population-scale sequencing with PromethION, to accurate, rapid testing in cancer and infectious disease.; Read 19 highlights of 2019.
USD amounts assume exchange rate of 1.32 at 31st December 2019.
Funding history: Oxford Nanopore has raised a total of £451M.
- Seed funding was obtained in two rounds, from IP Group in 2005.
- In June 2006 the company raised £7.75m
- In March 2008 the company raised a further £10m.
- In January 2009 the Company announced an $18m (£11.9m) and a separate £2.1m investment
- In February 2010 Oxford Nanopore raised £17.4m from existing investors and new, undisclosed US-based investors.
- In April 2011 the Company raised £25m from existing and new institutional and independent investors based in the UK and US.
- In May 2012 the Company raised £31.4m ($50.8m), the majority of which was from existing investors.
- In October 2013 Oxford Nanopore raised £40m from new and existing investors in the US and Europe.
- In August 2014 Oxford Nanopore raised £35m from new and existing investors in the US and Europe.
- In July 2015 Oxford Nanopore raised £70m from new and existing investors in the US and Europe.
- In December 2016 Oxford Nanopore raised £100m from new and existing investors worldwide.
- In March 2018 Oxford Nanopore raised £100M ($140M) from global investors