The growing climate crisis has made consumers more conscious of what they buy. For Bazar – The Ethical Life Marketplace, timing has never been better, as the UK’s first dedicated ethical marketplace and lifestyle app bringing curated ethical & eco brands, artisans and preloved items to one marketplace. Bazar is delighted to announce that they have secured over £200K of seed funding to help achieve future milestone targets especially around providing the best user experience to Bazar users through further technical development, whilst also growing the user base through a range of supported marketing activities.
The case for ethical shopping
Ethical shopping has seen massive recent growth as a market as consumers around the world look for ways in which they can help in the fight against global climate change. Split into many sub-markets, Bazar, in particular, provides through an app a community interface for ethical shopping.
Bazar aims to disrupt this £32.7bn UK market by providing a platform where ethical retailers and artisans can sell their products to a group of like-minded buyers through the many features of the Bazar app. Sellers’ market their product for a transparent seller fee, providing an interface for buyers to select from a range of competitively priced products with seamless payment gateway integration.
Some Bitesize Facts About Bazar
- Bazar launched a high-quality MVP (minimum viable product) during March 2020, delivering a proof of concept, that can now be scaled up with our additional investment
- The app launched with 35 sellers onboard, these stats quickly doubled but now stand at over 130 sellers!
- Bazar’s Instagram profile stood at c1,500 followers at the time of the Crowdfunding, this has since risen to 2,500+ followers at the time of writing this press release
- Every purchase makes a difference – via our eco partner program with NGO’s that tackle plastic reduction, biodiversity and reducing the carbon footprint, we donate 1% of our sales commission revenue to these causes, with every purchase made making a difference.
We spoke with Fin Cope, a Co-Founder of Bazar and asked him about the recent round of funding. He said
“We are delighted to have secured the funding through Crowdcube. Infact we exceeded our initial £150,000 target by realising over £200k. These funds are vital to the future success of Bazar, where funds will be used to invest in the technology to provide an improved experience for buyers and sellers alike.
We will also invest some funds into additional marketing activities to grow the number of buyers and sellers to fuel future growth. This coupled with being agile through our virtual organisation and collaboration with supply partners ensures we work efficiently and can access the best skillsets available.
Bazar is a brand-new style of app, which was introduced to the marketplace during March 2020. Bazar was founded by Finley and Alix Cope who as ethical shoppers themselves saw the opportunity for an ethical shopping app, which provided an enjoyable shopping experience, but with a strong community emphasis.
Further information about Bazar can be found by clicking https://www.bazarapp.co.uk/. Visit here to learn more detailed information about the app. The app is available for download at the following two links:
Ethical brands are encouraged to register by clicking this link. This gives these sellers access to special features, such as the Seller Dashboard.
Bazar Marketplace Media Contact Details
Company website: https://www.bazarapp.co.uk/
Registered Office: Well Cottage, Upperton, Petworth, West Sussex, United Kingdom, GU28 9BQ
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +44 (0) 20 8337 2175
Contact: Alix and Fin Cope, Co-Founders
Organisation: Bazar – The Ethical Life Marketplace
Social Media Accounts
Here are the social media accounts of Bazar:
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/BazarEthicalLifeMarketplace/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/bazarethicalapp/ and
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/bazarethical
- YouTube Video link