The funding was achieved through the first of a series of preference shares offers in terms of which:
• investors participate in 20% of Heliocor’s future profits after tax; and
• their investment is represented by a digital token, using blockchain technology, rather than just a paper certificate, potentially providing significant liquidity should that digital token be listed.
The funds raised are to be used to enhance the core products built by Heliocor’s Barcelona Technology Development Centre; launch and build the
The offer was made in part through Globacap’s fundraising platform (www.globacap.com) which uses a combination of public and private blockchains to create digital securities and in part by private placement.
Heliocor has now begun promotion of the next round of its preference share offer, marketing exclusively to sophisticated/qualifying investors, to raise up to an additional $15m. In addition to bolstering its current offices in London, Barcelona and New York, that funding is intended to establish new sales offices in Singapore, Hong Kong and India in 2019.
Owen Hall, CEO of Heliocor, commented, “We have decided to address a big and important global problem: tackling digital identity fraud and restoring trust in the system. It’s a big challenge, but one that Heliocor has the experience, the products and team to solve. We thank our investors for expressing their confidence in our vision and embracing blockchain technology as the conduit for funding to support our ambitious growth plans.”
Roderick Cameron, Chief Strategy Officer, Heliocor Ltd, 20 Birchin Lane, London, EC2V 9DU
+44 (0)203 006 6412
Elly Zhang, Director of Partnerships, Heliocor Ltd
+44 (0)203 006 6411
Vikas Tripathi, Managing Director, Heliocor Ltd
+44 (0)203 006 6405
Notes to Editors:
Heliocor’s mission is to radically reduce and potentially eliminate the $100 billion+ annual cost of fraud globally by building an anti-fraud ecosystem based on its existing products.
Today, Heliocor’s core product is RoboliticsTM, a high-speed data analytics engine, that helps financial institutions manage their compliance more effectively and much more cheaply than other solutions. Its proven technology, using AI, neural networks and machine learning, is working in Tier 1, 2 and 3 financial institutions today. Heliocor also supports clients with Know your Client (KYC) and Anti Money Laundering (AML)) onboarding via its Dokstor software which uses blockchain encryption. Dokstor is available as an API (linked to RoboliticsTM) and as a standalone App (in both the Play and App Stores).
Combining the two developed and delivered products with the leveraging power of blockchain, Heliocor intends to build world’s first global anti-fraud ecosystem to radically reduce and potentially eliminate identity fraud.
• National Finalist, Tech Nation’s Rising Stars 2019
• Winner, Most Promising KYC/AML/Compliance Checker for Security Tokens at
‘Security Tokens Realised’ Jan 2019
• PwC Winter18 FinTech Scale Up Programme
• Cohort 11, Mayor of London’s International Business Growth Programme
• Twitter @heliodid
• Video introduction to Heliocor’s Mission – https://vimeo.com/305081807
• Video explaining our Anti-Fraud Ecosystem – https://vimeo.com/305083454